Rightmove held another of their estate agency seminars this morning which some of the Emoov team duly attended.

Typically, of the 500 estate agents invited, around 20% show up. Testimony to the 80% that presumably know everything already?

These gatherings are a packed programme of hints and tips and ‘do’s and don’ts’ for the property industry.  They major on ensuring that agents get the very most from their Rightmove bucks.

The quality of photographs, the importance of floor plans, pricing correctly, social media management and agents’ response times to buyer enquiries are just some of the things scrutinised as well as analysing the survey findings from the 30,000 respondents of Rightmove’s consumer surveys that they conduct each quarter.

And here’s a run down of some of their statistics as shared with us today….

38% of consumers recently surveyed by Rightmove think that house prices will increase over the next 12 months. This is very at odds with property pundits who foresee the opposite.

First time buyers are returning to the market with 24% of current likely buyers purchasing for the first time.

20% of Rightmove visits are via smart phones and iPads rather than PCs now.

Rightmove recorded new records of traffic in January with page impressions reaching 34 million per day.

In 2008 there were approximately 12,000 UK estate agents subscribing to the site. In January this year that had dropped to 10,000 due, not to agents abandoning Rightmove, but as a consequence of estate agency branches closing shop.

1.4 million homes were listed on Rightmove in 2011.

24% of home sellers invite just one estate agent in to appraise their home. And 78% of these sellers do not then negotiate on that local estate agents’ fees.

63% of property sellers never venture in to the offices of the estate agent that they instruct to sell their home. This is a trend that is growing and which mirrors the bulk of buyers that search for their home online rather than visiting the offices of property firms.

The top 20% of the most enquired about properties on Rightmove have 9 photos or more (Emoov’s average is 12 photos per property). Some agents still display three or four and some don’t even take internal photos at all.

27.4% of sellers said that estate agents fees were ‘not important’ in their choice of agent. Naturally, that means that the question of fee value is indeed important to the rest, some 72.6% of people. It also means that 27.4% of people have so much money that they don’t care what they do with it.

So, to the 70% plus that aren’t minded to throw money away, have a look at www.Emoov.co.uk for selling fees that add up.

or click here to return to Emoov