With all the options, choosing an Estate Agent can be daunting especially now with the hybrid versus online versus high street dilema.
As the sale of your home is often the largest purchase you will make, choosing an Estate Agent to assist you during the selling process is an important decision.
It’s for that reason that we’ve put together a list of tips to help you make the right choice for your sale.
- Estate agency has changed and the increasing adoption of technology and innovation in the sector has revolutionised the way we sell homes.
- Technology now means it’s quicker, more transparent, more affordable and better value to sell your home with an online or hybrid agent compared to the traditional model.
- The online and hybrid sector now has 8% of the market, and will only continue to grow at a rapid pace.
- The majority of online and hybrid agents do everything that the high-street offers, but with a greater use of technology and better service.
- But it’s still important you look for an agent that does everything from A to Z.
- Choose an agent that follows you from start to finish in the selling process, from your photos and floor plans to the most important part – full offers negotiation and progression
- Going with your gut feeling is also a good way to decide on which agent to go and transparency and honesty from an agent is important.
- Weigh out the pros and cons of paying a fixed fees upfront or paying upon completion of sale depending on your local market and finances, always do what works best for you!
- Don’t forget the small print – see if there are additional charges that haven’t been mentioned or services that you’ll be charged for that weren’t originally outlined.
- Go hybrid! It’s a perfect mix of technology and great people with a focus on customer service.
- Hybrid agents are also more flexible on opening hours in the office, allow for easy access to your listing at anytime of the day and have a greater phone presence everyday of the week for any sort of help.
- Take to review sites to read about other peoples’ experiences with a certain agent and check out social media profiles as these are often the most honest portrayal of a company.
- With all the information available online, there is still nothing that compares to going local.
- Although Hybrid Estate Agents operate from a centralised office, they have Local Property Agents (LPA) in areas across the nation that know their respective markets intimately, and will, therefore, be knowledgeable about how best to sell your home.
- Our LPAs have the expertise to value your home in your local area ensuring you get the best price possible
Do your research
- In today’s Tripadvisor culture, it’s easy to find a whole host of reviews and recommendations on the internet for any given agent. Therefore, see how they are rated and what sort of experience other customers have had with them before making the decision on which agent to go with.
Get a valuation
- The majority of agents give no obligation valuations on your property, which gives you the opportunity to meet a number of agents before making the decision to choose one over another.
- During these valuations, ask advice and ensure that the agent is acting honestly in valuing your home, rather than just trying to win your business. A good indication of this is if one agent is valuing your home a lot higher than the others.
It’s down to you
- Don’t be persuaded by a pushy agent, at the end of the day they all want to win your business, and some will make unrealistic claims to do so. Remember it’s your decision, not theirs.
Once you’ve done all of your research, the main things to consider arerice, payment structure, opening hours, empowering customer technology, good customer care and a local presence.
When you find an agent that does all of this, then you’ve chosen your estate