In light of the disheartening research this week by Strutt and Parker highlighting that millennials have to cut out their lunchtime sandwich in order to get on the ladder, we’re offering a gift card for a free sandwich to first-time buyers that complete on a property during the rest of the week.
The analysis by Strutt and Parker claims that giving up a night out, steering clear of takeaways and making home-made sandwiches for lunch, would see “generation rent” couples accumulate £64,000 in five years, along with some help from their parents – enough for a mortgage deposit on the average London home.
Distressing analysis from Strutt and Parker this week and research that really highlights the plight of the millennial stuck in generation rent. Although we wish we could do more to help, we hope that this small gesture will be welcomed by those that have had to go without for the last five years.Russell Quirk
Although the research has been met with a degree of scepticism, particularly among those at which it was aimed, we feel sorry for all those property buyers that have gone without their lunchtime sandwich fix for the last five years, just to get that first foot on the ladder.
Advice from Strutt and Parker to Millennials saving for a house:— Harry Bull (@Harry_Bull_) November 14, 2017
- Cut housing and commuting costs by sleeping in the loo at work
- Grow your own Avocados by seizing the office plant pot
- Don't spend £42,000 a week on sandwiches
- Never upgrade from your mum's old Nokia 3210
Hi Strutt & Parker… Don't suppose there's a decent Artisan Sandwich shop nearby is there?? It's on my list of requirements along with an expensive local Indian takeaway and a convenience store to stick my weekly lottery numbers on. Thanks x— Alex Wortley (@AlexJCW1) November 14, 2017
Last night I won £8.90 on the lottery so now I'm 0.3% on my way to a deposit.— Gabrielle (@gabriellellek) November 15, 2017
Jokes on you Strutt and Parker.
So, we’re offering a free £5 gift card to first-time buyers completing on a property purchase this week so they can get themselves a complimentary sandwich.
All you have to do is complete the contact form below and send us the message –
“I would like to claim my free £5 sandwich gift card”
We will then contact you for confirmation of your property completion as a first-time buyer and send you your sandwich gift card to celebrate.
Terms and Conditions
- Limited to first-time buyers only
- Property purchase must have completed between the 14th November 2017 and the 17th November 2017
- Proof of completion within these dates must be shown on application
- One Starbucks gift card per person, per a completed property, with a maximum of two people per a property
- Give away is limited to the first 300 applicants
- Submissions end December 10th 2017