Who are we?
Emoov is the UK’s No.1 Hybrid Estate Agent leading the revolution for a better way to sell your home! Emoov was born from a rich history of property professionals, launched by our CEO Russell Quirk in 2010.
At Emoov, we combine generations of traditional estate agency experience, an obsession for outstanding customer service and the value and accessibility of being online with local experts who know your area. A transparent, customer first approach to selling your home with no hidden charges or nasty surprises. Just like the high street there’s the option to only pay us when we sell your home so there’s absolutely no risk involved. We have local property experts throughout the UK who will come and value your home, take photos and get your property on Rightmove and Zoopla.
Second to delivering our service, It is important to us that you understand what personal information we collect about you and how we use it. We have done our upmost to ensure we use short and understandable explanations. But it you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer (DPO) and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
Who is this for?
All customers (data subjects) whose personal data is collected, in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations (“GDPR”).
Emoov will not collect information from any persons under the age of 18. Should we receive any personal data that is associated with any persons under the age of 18 please contact our data protection officer.
What information do we collect on you and how do we use it?
Your information that we legally require:
- Your full name
- Your date of birth
- Your current address
- Your contact details
- Your income details, including payslips and bank account statements
- A recent utility bill
- Passport, or driver’s licence, or other form of photo identification
What legal reasons do we require this information for?
You should be aware that the Emoov may ask for additional details in order to enable us fully assess your application request. Any additional information will always be pertinent to your financial situation. Information that we will never ask for are details on:
- Religious view
- Ethnic origin
- Genetic data
- Biometric data
- Health data
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes
- To enable a selling/buying request for a property we will require you to provide us with certain personal information that is necessary to understand:
- Who is making the service request
- Your ability to buy or sell a property
- As well as any other information which we would reasonably expect in order to aid us in fulfilling this information.
Emoov will not pass on your personal data to third parties outside of our service providers that we use to perform the necessary tasks to fulfil your enquiry or request (without first obtaining your consent).
Third Party Service Providers
How secure is your data?
We ensure that any service provider we use for any function has the necessary encryption methods and security policies in place to meet the standards of GDPR and other applicable data protection laws. The data that we store on you is housed in Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services are one of the largest providers of internet storage and services. Because of this they have very high levels of security the details of their security measures can be found here AWS security information
Emoov will process personal data for as long as it is necessary for us to maintain the relationship established through your application to buy and sell and will store the personal data for at least the term of the agreement plus six years, and will update these details should you notify us of any material change during this period.
In an instance where you withdraw your consent to process your application prior to its completion, Emoov will retain your personal data for a period not greater than two years from the date of your withdrawal of your consent.
Your rights as a data subject
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict the processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to legal effects based on automated processing or profiling.
- Right to judicial review: in the event that Emoov refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
All of the above requests will be forwarded on should there be a third party involved in the processing of your personal data.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Supervisory authority contact details
Data Protection Officer (DPO)contact details
Information Commissioner Officer (ICO)
Data Protection Officer
Address Line 1:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Copenhagen House, 5-10 Bury St
0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number