Full planning consent for 1no. 4-bed detached house. Valued at £160,000 but will consider all offers from £140,000. The 4-bed house once built, should sell for £350,000+. Unconditional offers must be made in writing (via email) by 11th November 2016.
The plot is located at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac adjacent to 7 Nash Close, Prettygate, Colchester, CO3 4QH as outlined in red on the front page.
The plot currently comprises a spacious side garden area associated with the existing semi-detached property. A temporary gravel driveway has been laid to illustrate the new-build parking area with 2 off-street parking bays.
Full planning permission has been granted by Colchester Borough Council for the erection of 1no. 4-bed rectangular detached house (ref 161501). Please note the following planning conditions:
- Conditions 4-6: Existing trees/shrubs on the plot boundaries must be safeguarded. An arboricultural assessment, method statement, tree protection plan and arboricultural monitoring will be required.
- Condition 7: Gravel parking areas are unacceptable. Block paving is preferred/required.
- Condition 11: No additional windows will be allowed at first-floor level (apart from the 3 small obscure-glazed rear windows shown on the approved planning drawing).
S.106 / CIL CONTRIBUTIONS
No S.106 contributions will be required, and the development is not liable for any CIL charges.
The planning consent allows 1no. 4-bed detached house to be built adjacent to the existing property. The total GIA of the new-build will be 88m² (over two floors).
Both the existing semi and the proposed detached new-build will benefit from 2 off-street parking spaces (4 in total). Additional non-obstructive visitor parking is available in the spacious turning head.
ADDITIONAL PURCHASER’S OBLIGATIONS
The successful plot purchaser will be required to undertake the following works to the existing semi-detached property (and these works should be reflected/included in the offer price for the development plot):
- Demolish existing garage and remove foundations
- Remove existing tarmac driveway and brick pillars. Construct new block paved driveway (circa 45m²) to the side of the retained semi (to match the new-build block paved parking)
- Erect fencing to enclose the rear garden area of the existing semi post-development
- Level and lay to turf any damage (from construction works) to the retained rear garden area
Mains water, electricity, gas, BT and Virgin Media are available in Nash Close. Surface water drainage should be available via 7 Nash Close with an invert level of circa 0.8m below ground, but soakaways may be preferable. Two foul manholes are available at 7 Nash Close. The first is a shallow (private) foul manhole with an invert level of 0.54m below ground that currently only takes foul drainage from number 7. The second is an adopted Anglian Water foul manhole in the rear garden of 7 Nash Close with an invert level of 2.75m below ground. A full set of services plans can be provided upon request. No onerous services connections or diversions are anticipated.
METHOD OF SALE
The freehold development plot is being offered by way of Private Treaty. The development plot has been valued at £160,000 but all offers above £140,000 will be considered.
Unconditional offers must be made in writing (via email) by 11th November 2016.
The plot is available freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
The successful purchaser will be required to exchange and complete within 6 weeks of legal documents being issued. No VAT will be charged on the purchase price.
External viewing is possible from the roadside at any time without prior appointment. Access to the site can be arranged by appointment. Please use the contact details below:
A detailed information pack including full plans, photos, services information, the planning consent and Land Registry Title can be provided upon request. Please contact eMoov.co.uk.