Blaen-cil-llech, Newcastle Emlyn, SA38
About this property
- Period property with many original charming features, including feature fireplaces with log burners.
- Turn key condition, with bespoke fittings including a handmade solid wood kitchen.
- The property is suited to family needs, or easily divided for relatives/business opportunties
- Approached by a long tarmac drive offering complete privacy
- Only 1.5 miles to all local amenities, including schools, shops, GP and leisure centre
- Uninterrupted views towards the Preseli mountains, yet only 5 miles to Blue Flag beaches
- Large modern and stone buildings suited for farming, stabling, garaging or storage purposes
- Ancient deciduous and enchanted woodland, home to many rare species of flora and fauna
- An abundance of footpaths and tracks suited for walking/ riding with no public access
- Good fertile land, ring fenced and suited for forage and crop production as well as grazing
The property consists of a 5/6 bedroom period farmhouse, dating back to 1700's, with both stone and modern agricultural buildings. The property is steeped in history and local folklore. The house is located in the centre of its 123 acres of land, surrounded by
stone barns in courtyard setting, with a large duck pond to the front. It is approached by its own long tree lined tarmac drive.
The buildings consist of a large stone range which is divided into smaller units, suited for stabling, tack room, hay store, garaging, or general storage. There are several other buildings, some of which are currently used as a workshop, log store, boiler house, outside toilet and dog kennel.
The large steel agricultural building is located to the rear of the property, situated several hundred meters from the house.
The buildings are in good order and all benefit from a mains electricity supply. They could easily be adapted to suit a prospective buyers needs.
The land is suited for forage and arable crop production, as well as grazing. It has been registered under the Welsh Single Application Form Scheme and the entitlements are available by separate negotiation. The fields are ring fenced, with the land being split as 90 acres or thereabouts of agricultural land, with the rest being walking/riding/field access tracks and ancient deciduous woodland. There is both mains and a private water supply.
The enchanted woodland, littered with bluebells and wild garlic in the spring, is bordered by rivers, streams, waterfalls and a gorge. The main river, the Ceri sits on the farm boundary, several hundred meters from the house and is a tributary to the famous Teifi river. The woodland contains many rare species of both fauna and flora and as such, is designated a Site of Special Scientific Interest. There are several woodland paths for walking or riding at the property, some of which can be accessed with a vehicle. A wooden amphitheatre is located in the centre of the woodland.
The property benefits from uninterrupted views towards the Preseli mountains. It is secluded, yet
only 1.5 miles from
the bustling market town of Newcastle Emlyn, where
all amenities including shops, supermarkets, a post office, GP surgery, junior and secondary schools and a leisure center are located.
There are no public footpaths through the property offering complete privacy.
The property is in turn key condition and could easily be subdivided to accommodate relatives, business opportunities etc. It benefits from a dual fuel heating system of wood and oil, which with access to the property's woodland, provides a very economical system.
The Blue Flag beaches of Aberporth, Tresaith and Penbryn are only a ten minute drive away.
The property is chain free. Viewing strictly by appointment only.
The property is situated in close proximity to the renowned Teifi Valley, bordered by both Carmarthenshire and Pembrokeshire.
Looking to sell your property?
Save money by selling with the UK’s best rated online estate agent, with fees starting from just £895.
Blaen-cil-llech, Newcastle Emlyn, SA38
Regularly featured as Property Experts for
BBC, The Telegraph, The Times, Sky, City A.M., London Evening Standard, LBC, talkRADIO and many more.