Rarely available 4-bedroomed house with stables, orchard and paddock and with every direction giving panoramic views of the beautiful Clun Valley.
Among its many features are:
- Light and airy hall leading to three well sized reception rooms, study/library (shelved on all four walls, ideal for home office), cloakroom, kitchen and conservatory. Upstairs there are 4 double bedrooms, dressing room, ensuite and family bathrooms both with power showers enclosures. Central heating.
- Breakfast room with wood-burning stove (Clearview) , Baxi grate in generously proportioned living-room. Kitchen with Dark Blue, oil-fired Aga, walk-in pantry and occasional dining table. Electric twin oven cooker. Utility room.
- Double garage with sliding doors, workshop and storage shed. Wood shed (stocked) and two purpose-built whelping kennels (presently used for coal and storage)
- Stable block comprising three stables and tack room presently serving as an apiary. (Note: bees, hives and support may be included if desired)
- Garden largely made out to lawn with a few easily maintained flower beds. Two terraces facing south and west respectively, one with pergola with established Wisterias.
- Greenhouse and potting shed. Vegetable patch with established raspberry canes (Summer and Autumn). Orchard with mainly cider apple trees Some eating and cooking apple trees.
- Total holding including garden is approximately 4.25 acres and the grazing and stables suggest pony accommodation. The paddock has a stream passing through it giving a reliable supply of clean spring water.
- Set among Shropshire’s hills and valleys, close to the continuation of Wenlock Edge, there can be few places more beautiful. Adjacent to the popular and friendly village of Clungunford, referred to by A E Housman as one of the “….quietest places under the sun”
- Conveniently situated with easy access to Ludlow (10 miles), Craven Arms (5 miles), Leintwardine (2 miles), Knighton (8 miles). Shrewsbury (25 miles) Hereford (25 miles). BR Station 1 mile Hopton Heath, bus connections to Ludlow stop at the foot of the drive.
- The best way to appreciate this property is to arrange a viewing appointment which you can do seven days a week by calling the number above or clicking on the contact link provided.