This spectacular C17 Grade II Listed barn sits in a commanding position with private south-facing views into the far distance. Still quite clearly an important timber-framed threshing barn, the conversion provides open plan layouts allowing close inspection of the untouched roof with majestic matched sets of sweeping structural oak braces. A specialist carpenter with impeccable historic credentials spent several months carefully repairing the complete oak frame using traditional techniques.
Now brought right up to the latest building standards, the barn comes with a self-contained annexe humorously nicknamed ‘The Casino’ by card playing farm workers during the last war. Equally suitable as a self-contained flat, teenagers’ pad, home office or party complex, and with incredible views down the valley, The Casino brings a complete extra dimension to this large family home.
Throw away your ‘Barn Conversion’ preconceptions and be inspired by completely reimagined spaces where the latest design ideas are interwoven with historic fabric. Unforgettable.
- Full height 3 storey imaginatively lit entrance hall with stone flooring and superb oak & glass contemporary oak staircase to gallery.
- Feature contemporary oak walls rise to the first floor.
- Open plan bespoke contemporary German-made kitchen with substantial island and integrated oak breakfast bar.
- Extensive range of soft-close units house 2 ovens (traditional or steam options), combination oven, warming drawer, induction hob, integrated dishwasher, wine cooler and American fridge freezer. Quooker boiling tap.
- Premium Quartz worktops and ceramic flooring with full underfloor heating.
- Separate fully fitted utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Master bedroom suite with bespoke range of fitted wardrobes and large, fully tiled en-suite shower room.
- Fully carpeted and underfloor heated.
- 2 further bedrooms, each with fitted oak wardrobes, fully carpeted and underfloor heated.
- Family bathroom with separate shower and bath, fully tiled and underfloor heated.
- Separate sitting room and study/bedroom 4 with fully fitted, tiled shower room and WC.
- Bespoke oak staircases lead to stunning glass-fronted mezzanines at either end of this spectacular building, allowing uninterrupted views from one end of the roof to the other. These would be perfect work/ play spaces.
- House fully wired for entertainment system, with speakers fitted to all principal rooms.
- Fully paved, gated private courtyard with two garages and store. Large private flagstone patio with lawned gardens and incredible views.
Office/Bedroom four - 6.57m x 4.04m (21’7” x 13’3”)
Kitchen - 2.3m X 1.9m (7.6" x 6.2")