An elegant Georgian (B listed) house (includes a newly renovated two bedroom cottage) in honey coloured stone, built on the site of a Roman watchtower, with an earlier Jacobean wing and a later addition by Robert Lorimer containing the original library.
There are 13 bedrooms, and 10 bath and shower rooms, with 5 main reception rooms (total 14,200 sq ft). Please see the many photographs that accompany this listing and the floor plan for further details and dimensions.
The house is set in about 17 acres of lawns with majestic trees. There is a tennis court and a paddock, plus a large garage (990 sq ft) and a newly renovated two bedroom cottage (1155 sq ft).
In addition the sale includes 90 acres of commercial woodland (which could be sold separately if desired).
Currently a family home, the house is very accessible being just 41 miles from Edinburgh Waverley, 38 miles from Edinburgh airport, 26 miles from St Andrews, 20 miles from Gleneagles, 7 miles from Perth and 3 miles from the M90.
This property is exempt from a Home Report:
-the sale is of a portfolio of residential properties
-the land is mixed use, with commercial forestry and agricultural grazing land
Please see The Scottish Government website for details.